TECH JOB OPENINGS
Below you will find all available technical positions. Please submit your information at the form under the listings.
WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER - Fairfax, VA
Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field or equivalent experience, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Ability to obtain Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at our company. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
This challenging and interesting software development position is a chance to participate in the development and operation of a state-of-the-art Big Data system and join a longstanding, stable program consisting of a team of exceptional individuals using defined Agile software principles and practices.
As a Software Engineer / Web Development, you’ll perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
What you’ll experience:
- Design and develop new features and capabilities for several existing web applications
- Evaluate and implement changes and/or enhancements to existing applications and determine the feasibility, benefits, and risks
- Evaluate emerging technologies and apply best of breed technologies to the operational system
- Development experience in a Linux environment
- Proficient understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- An understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- A passion for developing well-crafted and testable software, in a collaborative environment
Ideally, you will also have experience with:
- Test-Driven development and experience with test frameworks (e.g., Chai, Enzyme, Jest, Sinon)
- Ruby Development (Ruby on Rails)
- Modern C++
- Scripting languages such tcsh or bash
- Apache web server
- Very Large Databases/Big Data/Data Warehousing
- Multi-thread and multi-process applications
- Continuous Integration and Deployment tools and techniques
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/DESIGNER - Madison, WI
Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Town & Country Engineering is seeking a Full-time Senior Electrical Engineer/Designer to join our Engineering Team at our Madison or West Bend office. The position will involve a full range of electrical planning, design, and operational services for water/wastewater projects. Responsibilities will include working with engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and clients on: Design portions of a project related to electrical systems and code requirements (design to include power, lighting, instrumentation, and controls), research commercially available equipment and specify equipment needs based on project and available technologies, calculate costs for proposed work while monitoring costs throughout all phases of the design project, coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines such as process, HVAC, mechanical, administrative, and equipment suppliers, and conduct periodic site observations and other services required by the contract service agreement.
The successful candidate for this position should have the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in electrical power and/or SCADA design and construction,
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent training,
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office programs, AutoCAD MEP, and Revit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of working efficiently with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, and internal staff,
- A current Wisconsin PE or Designer of Engineering Systems license or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- A desire to work in the consulting industry, and prior experience in the municipal water and wastewater markets and an understanding of water and wastewater processes from an electrical standpoint.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with a quality municipal consulting engineering firm serving clients throughout Wisconsin and an opportunity to grow within the company.
Town & Country Engineering, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits.
IT AUDITOR II - Dallas Tampa Jersey City Boston McLean, VA
Only US citizens and Greencard holders
- The Internal Audit function's ideal Auditor II candidate is predominantly passionate about audit projects, participating in planning, driving fieldwork, and assisting with report clearance.
- The primary measure of success for this role is identifying potential issues about the design and efficiency of controls and crafting reliable documentation to support their work.
- The Auditor II must run multiple auditee relationships, be a good team player, and take accountability for their personal growth and professional development.
- Strategic Control Impact – Identifies meaningful issues in which controls are not accurately crafted or are not operating efficiently. Assesses the risk and control environment for processes within coverage areas. Works closely with auditees to verify timely progress and completion of agreed upon issue closure, under the mentorship of a supervisor. Understands the financial services industry and risk and control environment for coverage areas and identifies new risks.
- Audit Execution – Assists a Senior Auditor or Audit Manager with the execution of audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting. Completes risk-focused fieldwork on time and within the allocated budget, advising the auditor in charge promptly of issues that arise or when budgets or timelines are at risk. Understands and performs root cause analysis for issues; possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques.
- Quality Process – Demonstrates a validated understanding of our policies & procedures, particularly work paper documentation standards. Independently prepares work papers that fully follow IAD policies and procedures. Participates in continuous improvement initiatives. Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to supervise and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 2-5 years of related experience in IT Audit.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a technology-related major.
- Certifications related to the candidate’s coverage responsibilities are beneficial, but not required, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Previous internal or external audit experience is helpful, but not required. Previous job experience for IT Auditors can vary to meet the department’s goal of having a team with different perspectives and work experiences.
- Capable of identifying, assessing, and advising on risks for large-scale technology projects, IT general controls and completing IT process audits (e.g., SDLC, Organizational Change, Logical Security, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, and Incident/Problem Monitoring).
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure, and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost, and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle. DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
OPERATIONS BUSINESS ANALYSTS (SALESFORCE) - Tampa, FL
Only US citizens and Greencard holders
- The Operations Business Analyst role helps deliver business focused Salesforce.com and other process solutions by partnering with key customers, subject matter authorities, and users to understand their needs, goals, and aspirations.
- The Operations Business Analyst will elicit business requirements and translate them into information the project team can use to design and develop process improvements and solutions. The Operations Business Analyst will use their knowledge of the business and Salesforce.com to recommend additional improvements that would be beneficial to the customer.
- The ability to build excellent relationships is a key trait for an Operations Business Analyst as they are the conduit between the business and the project team.
- They will help the project team understand what the business needs and why it is important while helping the business also understand system capabilities and how it can be used to help achieve their vision.
- Elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of customers by evaluating and recommending system/process improvements to improve productivity and close process gaps
- Prioritize and lead process improvement activities across the enterprise in support of all departments and functional areas within SSD/Solutions were directed
- Consult with customers and senior leadership to provide analysis and mentorship on a variety of performance and process related topics while communicating timelines and setting expectations
- Maintain and update process maps/wireframes and documentation in central provided location, keeping current on any changes
- Provide training and guidance to project teams and functional areas to assist with the implementation and maintenance of process improvement activities
- Evaluate completed process improvement projects to identify and implement best practices and lessons learned
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to supervise and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Salesforce.com experience (Certified Admin a plus)
- Continuous improvement mindset and approach
- DTCC client base/financial services industry knowledge a plus
- 3-5 years of Microsoft Excel, Access, & PowerPoint experience
- Ability to educate, advocate, and negotiate at all levels
CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT/ENGINEER - Dulles, VA
Only US citizens and Greencard holders
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other Federal Agency customers.
We believe the best defense is a good offense. To stop the ever-increasing cyberattacks, it takes a proactive approach to identifying and defeating future attacks. Do you want to join a company that has developed in-depth knowledge of cyber defense from operating some of the Federal Government’s largest networks? Technica is combining the power of AI and deep learning in innovative cyber solutions, to stay on the forefront of the battle for cyber supremacy! If you are a cybersecurity thought leader, innovator and evangelist on architecture/platforms, software tools and AI capabilities to use to solve complex cyber challenges, we want you to join our team!
This position will be a combination of telework and in-office work with the specifics being determined with the manager and selected candidate. When in the office, the candidate will report to Technica’s Corporate location in Dulles, VA.
Travel: ~10% travel to San Antonio, TX. for customer meetings.
This role is a critical position in helping to safeguard our Nation. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and integrating architectures, systems, or system components to form a cohesive defense against a variety of cyber threats using both commercial and custom technology. Additional responsibilities include:
Determine security requirements through evaluation, research, analysis and risk assessment. Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments including identifying integration issues.
Design an integrated, dynamic Cyber defense through the use of security toolsets and continuous monitoring.
Lead the modernization of mission critical applications for our customers through the application of modern development practices and technologies, including agile, DevSecOps, cloud, containers, and microservices.
Monitor, analyze, and detect Cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks.
Research information security standards and establish a framework by which cyber risk can be measured and quantified in the marketplace.
Assist in implementing security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment, directing equipment and software installation and calibration, and preparing preventive and reactive measures.
Mentor and coach more junior cyber professionals.
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, computer engineering, or software engineering
10+ years of related experience
Active Secret clearance with TS/SCI eligibility.
Experience in incident response and/or threat identification
Strong working knowledge and experience with several of the following: Network Security, Computer Network Security, Digital Forensics, Malware Analysis, Ethical Hacking, Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
Experience with IPS/IDS systems (E.G. snort, Zeek (formally Bro), Suricata...)
Code review & documentation experience
Demonstrated critical thinking in solving complex problems
Requirements analysis experience
Programming experience in Python/C/C++
Linux/Windows/other development environments
Kubernetes/Docker/other containerization environments
Strong verbal, written communication skills.
Prior experience writing white papers and conducting briefings.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.